A newly crafted trek route of ours along the borderline of Neora Valley will give you the chance to escape the ordinary. This 4D/3N jungle trek will kick off from a quiet village called Lingsey and will take you all the way up this quaint hamlet of a village known as lunchu.
This trekking route in the subtropical pine forest will take you through an undisturbed patch of forest in West Bengal. The entire forest is crisscrossed by Mountain River which will definitely add a twist to your adventure. Neora valley having a fairly comprehensive list of flora and fauna, acts as a major attraction for nature lovers. You will also come across Changey Falls where Himalayan birds like White Capped Water Redstart, Verditer Flycatcher, and many others whistling in harmony creates a trance lie aura in all around you..
Apart from getting soaked up in the rich diversity and a wide range of environmental gradients, you will also experience 3 authentic homestays namely Lingsey, Lunchu, and Changey along your trek route. Lunchu and Changey being a farm stay and also having small animal husbandry will take you closer to life around the hills. The organic food and the rare culinary skills of our hosts will definitely give your tongue a new cuisine to follow.
Day 1: Lingsey
Distance: 104 Km from Siliguri
Time : 4 hours by car (Transportation not included)
Altitude: 4800 Ft
Welcome to peaceful Lingsey surrounded by mountains. This beautiful homestay surrounded by orchids and fauna of varied characteristic will definitely take toll against the hectic journey and disquiet city life.
- Have a home-cooked lunch made with fresh and organic ingredients imbibed with the amazing culinary skills of the host.
- If time permits, trek down to Dhoksing Falls.
- Explore local attractions such as
- Hareshwar Shivalaya Mandir & Sanskrit Vidhyalaya
- Lepcha Monastery (Validate)
- Traditional Lepcha House(Validate)
- Devi’s Than, Sankhey Dhunga,
- Return to the homestay, have tea and snacks in the evening with our host who always has lots to share about his experience of treks and many more.
- Bonfire depending on the season and as per request.
Day 2: Lingsey to Changey (Moderate to Experienced Uphill Trek)
- Get up early, have tea and post breakfast, gear up for the trek amongst the shadow of mountains exploring the jungle trails
- You will trek along the borderline of Neora valley jungle, witnessing spectacular step farming, river flows and a great variety of bird’s species. It will be a piece of heaven for the bird-watchers.
- Reach Changey Homestay late afternoon, freshen up and have a sumptuous meal and take rest for a while.
- Explore the valley and area encompassing the homestay as you are going to stay surrounded by corn plantation and varied varieties of flora and fauna.
- Small stroll around the village will give you the majestic view of Mt. Kanchenjunga
- If interested, you can learn Bamboo basket weaving from our host.
- Learn to make local cuisine and have an exclusive access to the kitchen and learn to cook various local delicacies.
Day 3: Trek to Lunchu Distance:6-7 Km
- Get up early, have tea and post breakfast get ready for your 2nd-day trek to Lunchu.
- Beside jungle, river and varied species of birds, you will come across small beautiful villages.
- Reach Lunchu farm-stay in the afternoon. Freshened up and have home cooked organic meal.
- Stroll around the small beautiful village, their farmland and small animal husbandry.
- With a clear sky, enjoy the mesmerizing view of Mt. Kanchenjunga with a cup of tea from the homestay’s front yard.
- Come to know about the archery completion from the winner team held around the year.
- Have a warm dinner with our host.
Day 4: Lunchu, Changey falls
Distance: 2 KM
Time: 1 hr
Changey falls is a major attraction in Kalimpong subdivision of Darjeeling District West Bengal. It is quite an awe-inspiring sight. Forest, mountain, and waterfall make an excellent spot with natural abundance. The waterfalls against the backdrop of the majestic Kanchenjunga makes for an ideal picture so do not stop your camera from clicking.
- Have breakfast, pack your bag and set out to visit the mighty Changey falls which is just 1hr down trek from the homestay.
- Day 4 brings an end to your less treaded Changey trek, we bid our goodbyes now.
- Experience three authentic homestays and a chance to give your tongue a new twist with culinary skills of our hosts along the stays.
- Mesmerizing views of Mt. Kanchenjunga.
- You will come across Dhoksing Falls and Change Falls to give your trip a taste of adventure.
- A complete 3 days’ moderate level uphill trek through the clean and lucid livelihood of our hilly folks.
- Explore the culinary skills, learn to cook local dishes.
- If interested, learn Bamboo basket weaving.
- Worthy place for birdwatcher and entomologist.
- Accommodation at homestays
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner at all homestays (Day 1 Lunch to Day 04 Breakfast)
- First aid medical kits
- Guide charges
- Any Personal Expenses / Tips / Beverages / Meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- GST @5%
- Potter Cost
- Any activities, permits, services, accommodation or transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
- Transportation can be arranged as per request.
- Above price is applicable for pax of 6.