“A Rainy Day is the perfect time to walk in the woods.”
Rainy season! Despite many hurdles caused, we city dwellers still love the rainy season. Nature returns to its true color. We took this very excuse to handcraft a trekking route into the remote parts of Kalimpong Hills through the 4 small villages. When the hills will be lush wet green, waterfalls at its full, birds chipping around and the cool woodsy pine wind giving u a chill; you will make your trail into nature.
A 5D/4N trekking plan will take you by the way off Lingsey, Jushing, Tagathan, and Pithamchin. While enjoying the stays at 4 different quaint homestays along the trek, you will have home cooked meal by our host made with fresh and organic ingredients. Each of our homestay owners, who will also be your local guide, has keen knowledge about farming, various orchids, and fauna of varied medicinal characteristics.
Day 1: Lingsey
Distance: 104 Km from Siliguri
Time taken: 4 hours by car (Transportation not included)
Altitude: 4800 Ft
Welcome to peaceful Lingsey surrounded by mountains. This beautiful homestay surrounded by orchids and fauna of varied characteristic will definitely take a toll against the hectic journey and disquiet city life.
- Have a home-cooked lunch made with fresh and organic ingredients imbibed with the amazing culinary skills of the host.
- Explore local attractions such as
- HareshwarShivalaya Mandir & Sanskrit Vidyalaya,
- PellemboLepcha Monastery
- Traditional Lepcha House
- Dawaipani (Hot water sulfur-rich spring) as your time permits.
- Return to the homestay, have tea and snacks in the evening with our host who always have lots to share about his experience of treks and many more.
- Bonfire depending on the season and as per request.
Day2: Trek from Lingsey to Jhusing
Distance: 3 Km (Easy to Moderate Uphill Trek)
Altitude: 5400 ft.
Time taken: 1.5 hours
By now your eye will adjust to the lush green surrounding, ears in keen interest trying to distinguish the sounds of variety of birds chipping around and the best part –the intoxicating woodsy pine cold air though your nostril will fill your soul with peace.
- Get up early, have tea and set out for Dhoksing falls downhill (the route to the falls might be inaccessible in rainy season). Your host will take through the jungle for a small warm-up trek.
- Post breakfast, gear up for the trek amongst the shadow of mountains exploring the jungle trails, a rustic old bridge over the river and local people. During the entire trek fell free to stop and admire anywhere you like, interact with local, check for various plantation around.
- Reach Jhusing at around 1 pm in the afternoon, freshen up and have a sumptuous meal and take rest for a while.
- Explore the valley and area encompassing the homestay as you are going to stay in a beautiful house surrounded by picturesque farming land overlooked by these series of gigantic mountains around.
- Have evening tea with your host and family and ask our host to show the various flora and fauna he has planted around. He possesses a vast knowledge that promotes ecological balance and conserves biodiversity while farming.
- Have dinner and retire early for the night.
Day3: Trek from Jushing to Tagathan
Distance: 4.5 Km (Uphill Trek)
Altitude: 5900 ft.
Time taken: 3 hours
- Wake early next morning have tea and start your hike towards ServangWaterfalls. Get yourself immersed in the beauty of one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the north Bengal region.
- Hike back to the homestay, have breakfast and get ready for your next big adventure.
- Trek through the muddy rustic jungle path and enjoy an abundance of a varied variety of flora and birds on your way to Tagathan.
- Tagathan is a small village overlooking the mighty Himalayan ranges including Mt. Kanchendzonga.
- Meet one of the most hospitable hosts you have ever come across, have your lunch and rest for a while in their pleasant and beautiful little mountain cottage overlooking the nearby village.
Day 4: Trek from Tagathan to Pithamchin
Distance: 3.5 Km (Uphill trek)
Time taken: 3 Hours
- Get up early, have tea and set out for Rock Garden falls
- Post breakfast, gear up for the trek amongst the shadow of mountains exploring the jungle trails, and local people.
- Reach Pithamchin, freshen up and have sumptuous meal and take rest for a while.
- Explore the village and the famous Choekhorling monastery while strolling in the evening. • If time permits, visit the Mankhim viewpoint (uphill hiking).
- Head back to your homestay. Do enjoy the evening with our lovely host over evening tea. • Have a home-cooked dinner and retire early for the night.
Day 5: Pithamchin
- Post Breakfast, explore Pithamchin village walk around a bit to visit the nearby monastery.
- It’s time to bid our goodbyes now.
- Accommodation at homestays
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner at all homestays (Day 1 Lunch to Day 05 Breakfast)
- First aid medical kits
- Any Personal Expenses / Tips / Beverages / Meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- GST @5%
- Guide and Potter Cost
- Any activities, permits, services, accommodation or transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances including medical emergencies and acts of God.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions. Note: Guide and Transportation can be arranged as per request.