Sar Pass trek trailing through the mighty Parvati Range offers an abundance of adventure and a close encounter with mostly undisturbed raw nature at the same time. There are fabulous views of snow-clad mountains, pristine streams & rivulets all along the trek. Part of the trek in the lower altitude also goes through a rhododendron forest. Considered to be a moderate trek, Sar Pass encompasses everything that makes this trek loved by enthusiast as well as first time trekkers. Sar Pass acts as a great introduction as well as building block if you want to enter into the world of high altitude trekking.
There is a saying “it is never too late go adventuring; you just need to fix a date, pack your bags and step out of your house”. Sar Pass stands out as one of the most popular choice if want to get lost in the lap of nature and see it in the rawest form.
P.S There is a small chance of AMS on the Sar Pass Trek and hence acclimatisation is essential. It is better to go on this multi-day trek with a group and a guide.
Day 1: Report at the Campsite in Kasol
- Misty morning, tall trees, untouched hills and a breath of fresh air – this exactly what Kasol is! Upon reaching Kasol and a bit of walking, you will reach your campsite. Enjoy the greener and a happier space by the riverside. Take some rest and have your fill of breakfast.
- Once you are up and ready, it will be time to explore the ‘Little Amsterdam’ while making our way to Chalaal. While walking through the lanes of Kasol, you will notice many Israeli cafes and shops to buy your souvenirs from.
- Gradually, we will walk towards, what is known as Trance and Psychedelic party village- Chalaal. This little village is tucked in the conifer dense forest. The walk doesn’t take more than 2 hours hyphenated with tea breaks. One can sit at the end of the village admiring the beauty of fiercely flowing Parvati river.
- As the sun kisses the horizon we head back to our campsite in kasol which will be our destination for the night.
- Later in the evening, get ready, play on some music and enjoy it by the humming sound of river flow.
Day 2: Kasol - Barshaini - Biskeri Thatch
Distance: 9 km| 4-5hrs
- We will start early morning as we have a long day ahead of us. We will drive from Kasol to Barshaini Village.
- Once reached, we will start our trek from Barshaini. Enjoy the splendid morning views from the village.
- We will start our trek uphill through the forest, and streams to reach Pulga. From Pulga we go through a very scenic and steep trail to Biskeri Tach.
- Overnight stay at the Biskeri Thatch campsite.
Day 3: Biskeri Thatch- Sar Pass – Biskeri Thatch
Distance: 14 kms| 6-8hrs
- Rise up early as today as we move towards our goal of treading the most celebrated trail amongst adventure enthusiast that is Sar Pass
- Post Breakfast we start our trek towards SarPass (passing the frozen lake at the summit) which is at an altitude of 13,800ft
- As we tread ahead, the way to Sar Pass offers a magnificent view of Himalayan Peaks and meadows
- After a long and arduous trek, the sight that Sar pass offers seems like an illusion in its beauty and spirit. Take a step back from your external self now and let your soul absorb the tranquillity for which you pushed your limits.
- After spending ample amount of time at the pass we head back to our campsite at Biskeri Thatch
- Upon reaching the campsite around the evening, relax and enjoy the peacefulness of the Himalayas.
Day 4: Biskeri Thatch - Barshaini Village- Kasol
Distance: 9kms| 6-7 Hrs
- As today is the last leg of your journey try to rise and shine a bit early as the serene views await.
- Post having a sumptuous breakfast we start our downhill trek towards Barshaini, upon reaching Barshiani, hop on the awaiting vehicles which will take you to Kasol.
- Savour every view while going back. Upon reaching Kasol, it will be time to bid adieu with a promise to meet again.
- Sar pass is considered to be a gateway trek towards other high altitude treks in the Himalayan region
- Explore Kasol and Chalal on your first day. Chalal is also fondly called little Amsterdam because of the cool aura that surrounds it .
- Camp at some of the most picturesque place i.e.Kasol, Barshaini and Biskeri thatch
- Soak in the beauty of the upper Himalayas from Sar Pass
- On a clear day, you will be able to see as far as your senses could take them from the top of Sar Pass
- Accommodation at all destinations and camps as per the itinerary on sharing basis.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner at all camps (Vegetarian options only) .
- All required Permits
- Transport to and from Barshaini as per the Itinerary
- First aid medical kits
- Camping fees, comfortable tents and sleeping bags
- Driver charges, driver accommodation, fuel as per the itinerary
- Reliable, experienced and adept English-speaking local guide and support staffs with great knowledge of the area and the terrain.
- GST @5%
- Travel from to and from Kasol for inward or outward journey.
- Travel Insurances
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks
- Any activities, permits, services, accommodation or transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances including medical emergencies and acts of God.
- Any expenses of personal nature like phone call etc. • Anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.